Aus Flandern erreicht uns folgendes Schreiben:
EUROPEAN INDUSTRIAL AND TECHNICAL HERITAGE YEAR 2015 (Oct. 2014)
The campaign for ‘ 2015 European Industrial and Technical Heritage Year’ is really gaining momentum. As countries and regions come on board and declare their ideas and programmes, the flurry of interest becomes an avalanche…
The campaign for a European industrial and technical heritage year arose from the grassroots and is growing bottom-up. It thus demonstrates an exemplar of voluntary initiative and the power of third sector organisations and associations .
Here are just some examples of what already has been announced and is planned for 2015
* While a number of regions and some countries already have decided that their Open Heritage Days will focus on industrial and technical heritage, or aspects of it, the topic is now discussed the agenda of the joint meeting of the Council of Europe and the European Union “Celebrating European Heritage Days – Local communities shaping the European dimension of Heritage” in Baku, 14-16 October
* Recently three new thematic steering groups have been established (thus bringing the total up to six) with the objective of preparing border crossing initiatives for 2015. A series of other themes has been proposed, which haven’t yet found a co-ordinating association, so don’t hesitate to take the lead.
* In many countries local initiatives have been launched or announced, for example an Iron Trail in the Decazeville area, the Causse Comtal (France), a project about bricks and brickworks in Gelderland (The Netherlands), special exhibitions (such as a travelling exhibition celebrating 40 years of protecting industrial buildings 1975-2015 in Flanders), …
* A series of conferences and meetings already have been announced:
* The „II International Seminar on Architectural & Industrial Heritage” in Madrid has been postponed to February next year in order to fit into the general programme of the European Industrial and Technical Heritage Year
* The 12th Conference of the European Architectural Envisioning Association, to be held in Lodz in September, will include a session on the Image of (Industrial) Heritage, in the light of the European Industrial and Technical Heritage Year, and taking into account that the host city was one of the most important industrial centres of the 19th-century industrialisation in Europe
* The ‚Flemish Week‘ in Gdansk in March 2015 will include workshops on maritime and industrial heritage, to build links between Polish and Flemish institutes and associations, and to exchange expertise
It is clear that next European Industrial Heritage Weekend, taking place in Lyon October 24th- 26th 2014 will offer an excellent opportunity to exchange ideas about the 2015 European Industrial and Technical Heritage Year and to draw up a first list of initiatives and projects.
To date participants from Belgium, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Switzerland, the UK,… and even Russia have registered to attend the weekend. Don’t hesitate to send us your registration form as soon as possible.
If you cannot take part in the meeting, please send us information about your association’s plans for the “2015 European Industrial and Technical Heritage Year” for the participants to share and discuss.
– There is now a logo which can be used when publicising the 2015 European Industrial and Technical Heritage Year and promoting your association’s activities in connection with it – see attachment
– For more information and to keep up to date with news and initiatives: check regularly the E-FAITH website (click in the right hand column for details).
the European Federation of Associations of Industrial and Technical Heritage
la Fédération européenne des Associations du Patrimoine Industriel et Technique
secretariat @ e-faith.org
p/a Vredelaan 72 – B-8500 Kortrijk – Flanders – Belgium
2015 : EUROPEAN INDUSTRIAL AND TECHNICAL HERITAGE YEAR
2015 : ANNÉE EUROPÉENNE DU PATRIMOINE INDUSTRIEL ET TECHNIQUE
2015 : EUROPÄISCHES JAHR DES INDUSTRIELLEN UND TECHNISCHEN ERBES
2015 : AÑO EUROPEO DEL PATRIMONIO INDUSTRIAL Y TÉCNIC
2015 : ANNO EUROPEO DEL PATRIMONIO INDUSTRIALE E TECNICO